Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (2006) A Memoir; by Bill Bryson.

Apart from all the fun, very informative in more than one way - from matinees being really a dark space for four thousand children to riot to match fights to how was alcohol stolen when no one distrusts neighbours, all of this in a prosperous and happy bygone era in a small town midwest US - and yet the nostalgia connects to those that lived that decade elsewhere and differently. Wonderful book.

Incidentally Bryson is a fan of my favourite show, and I have not found another one either until now, not an independant one anyway. The only difference is he watched it when he was young, and I watched it when I was finally free to relax a little post final graduation and during first serious professional post. Then it played at midnight and I stayed up to see it.