Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Complete Plays Of BERNARD SHAW. by George Bernard Shaw.

I went through this - not this volume, but most likely a Times two volume edition - I found serendipitously while on a one year stint with work that was stressful but not time consuming or for that matter in need of that much of attention from mind. It was a great solace to have something so wonderful to take my mind off the otherwise stressful year.

It is difficult to count how many of these are personal favourites, how many with ideas or arguments that open up a mind's vision, how many truly delightful, how many hilarious, how many sharp on the mark in nailing conventions or hypocrisies. One would need a list of the plays, and over three decades after reading most of them a little nudge to remember which title is which story amonst the twenty or so I remember less well.

Come to think of it, it is time to buy yet another copy - I lost the ones I bought and either gave away to those I loved, or in the process of moving yet another time.